1. When I was a kid, I thought Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton were married. Because everyone who sang duets were married to each other. Obviously. I also thought Nina Simone was a man. Because, well, just because.
2. I was born in Dallas, was a kid in New York, and grew up in the Highlands of Scotland. My accent is mine, and according to Sarge is ‘under several influences.’ Except when I’m on the phone with my mother, at which times it is back on Long Island.
3. I have CP. I am, by choice, a pretty-much-permenant wheelchair-user. Unless there’s a party going on upstairs.
4. When I was seven, I had various bits medically broken and stretched, all at once. I have ten scars that are so much a part of me; I don’t see them anymore.
5. I lost all four of my grandparents within five years. How and when they died has coloured the way I look at life.
6. Growing up, my mental age was 40. Now that I am 30, I feel that I’m actually my true age.
7. I used to laugh entirely through my nose. Now I laugh out loud. I blame Sarge.
8. I can have entire conversations using only movie quotes. I cannot blame Sarge.
9. One of my nicknames at Uni was Phoebe. As in The One From Friends.
10. I once fell off a toilet in Pisa, Italy. I was not drunk. This incident has since been dubbed ‘The Leaning Toilet of Pisa’.