A little light relief…
A little light relief…
I have a confession to make. I have piles. Giant piles. Really annoying piles. There’s one in the kitchen, one in the bedroom, and several in the office.
I spent a good part of last week organising the flat, and this task has spilled into this week. Because I rewarded myself with an eyebrow wax (well, both eyebrows, I don’t like to be uneven) and a trip to Starbucks on Friday.
With the help of my new people, several black bags and colour-coded folders, I have tackled my bathroom, my closet, both dressers and the office. Every time I do this, it’s like I’ve been shopping for clothes and other groovy things I forgot I had. Groovy things like pens and bookmarks, and my old passport. Yesterday I found a rubber chicken in the office. Sarge says it’s actually yet another bookmark. He also says he should sort out ‘his half’ of the rooms, because it looks like the cyclone stopped short.
Going through this process, I’ve learned a few things:
1. Black bags are my friends.
2. There’s a couch in the office.
3. I don’t need new clothes.
4. I like being organised.
5. Sarge’s ‘epic detritus’ sounds so much more eloquent than my ‘buncha crap.’
I’m not going to show you my new, tamer purple and blue piles. Nobody wants to see those.
Before I decided I couldn’t write with music on, it was on all the time. My last.fm library, when it loads, is one my list of favourite things. I’d turn it on before I’d do anything else/procrastinate/check my email/apply for jobs/check Facebook/think about writing.
That was my old routine.
My new one is to have coffee and write and then procrastinate/check my email/apply for jobs/check Facebook/think about writing some more.
Today, I logged into Facebook, and I was tagged in a musical note. The one where you put your music player on ‘Random’ and list the first 25 songs that play.
I thought, I can do that. So I did:
1. Laura Izibor – Shine
2. Randy Newman – I Miss You
3. The Offspring – Why Don’t You Get A Job?
4. Al Green – Let’s Stay Together
5. Eels – Mr E’s Beautiful Blues
6. Paul Simon – Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes
7. R. Kelly – Fiesta
8. Courtney Pine – Children Hold On
9. Seal – Crazy
10. Finger Eleven – Paralyzer
11. Maroon 5 – Through With You
12. Billie Holiday - Night and Day
13. Silverchair – Leave Me Out
14. Bill Hicks – A New Flag (Patriotism) – not a song, but so good.
15. Michael Buble – Home
16. Johnny Cash – That’s All Over
17. Perturbazione – Partire Daverro
18. Sean Paul – We Be Burnin’
19. Molly Johnson – Another Day
20. Lonestar – Everything’s Changed
21. Indigo Girls – World Falls
22. Death Cab for Cutie – Transatlanticism
23. Alan Jackson – Gone Country
24. Camera Obscura – Pen and Notebook
25. Julie Delpy – Killing Bertha
(Courtesy of my last.fm library)
Funny, some of these aren’t reflective of my favourites. Some are. That’s what random means.
What about you? What are you listening to?