- Guest Post: Honeymoon In Edinburgh
- The One With Sarge’s Name In It
- A Love Letter To Pepto-Bismol
- Do You Need A Vacation?
- How To Be Alone
- Thinking Outside The Blog
- Wedding-Planning Is An Endurance Test
- My Inner-Child Needs A Paper Bag
- Appearing Elsewhere: The Outlier Collective
- 10 Things You Can Do In The Dark
Top Posts & Pages
Gin & Lemonade by ginlemonade.wordpress.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: random
1. When I was a kid, I thought Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton were married. Because everyone who sang duets were married to each other. Obviously. I also thought Nina Simone was a man. Because, well, just because.
2. I was born in Dallas, was a kid in New York, and grew up in the Highlands of Scotland. My accent is mine, and according to Sarge is ‘under several influences.’ Except when I’m on the phone with my mother, at which times it is back on Long Island.
3. I have CP. I am, by choice, a pretty-much-permenant wheelchair-user. Unless there’s a party going on upstairs.
4. When I was seven, I had various bits medically broken and stretched, all at once. I have ten scars that are so much a part of me; I don’t see them anymore.
5. I lost all four of my grandparents within five years. How and when they died has coloured the way I look at life.
6. Growing up, my mental age was 40. Now that I am 30, I feel that I’m actually my true age.
7. I used to laugh entirely through my nose. Now I laugh out loud. I blame Sarge.
8. I can have entire conversations using only movie quotes. I cannot blame Sarge.
9. One of my nicknames at Uni was Phoebe. As in The One From Friends.
10. I once fell off a toilet in Pisa, Italy. I was not drunk. This incident has since been dubbed ‘The Leaning Toilet of Pisa’.
Good After-morning! What’s in there today?
Featuring my current reads:
What are you reading at the moment?
Sarge said to me this morning, ‘Shall we see what’s in your coffee today?’
I thought I’d open the debate.
And so, what do you see today?:
And as a bonus, yesterday:
I’ve never been a good stuffed up person. I’ve never liked taking naps, ask my parents. The last time I slept during the during the day, I’d had all my wisdom teeth out the day before.
Last week, my body was gearing up for my annual cold, and this week it has lashed out.
While I had a towel over my head just above hot water this afternoon, I put together a list of things to do when you don’t do colds:
1. Have your partner/friends bring you cold medicine/cheesecake/tiramisu, without asking them.
2. Call your Dad and say: I have a code in my noeds, and laugh until you lose what little voice you have left.
3. Camp out on the couch, and pretend your Grandma is sitting on the other end of it and your Nana is making you chicken soup in your kitchen.
4. Ration your TV watching, but always make time to watch people yell at other people.
5. Put vanilla essence in your tea, and socks on your feet. The uglier the better.
6. Listen to your go-to music (for me that would be country). If you cry at the sad songs, blame the cold.
7. Read entire books in four-hour jags.
8. Look forward to times you won’t have a cold. Do little things on your to-do list, so you don’t feel like a waster.
9. Take a stroll to shake off the cobwebs. Thank you, gale-force winds.
10. Take funny photos to cheer yourself up.
On my desk today, you’ll find:
Coffee. Today’s blend is Columbian Supremo.
2 of 501 pens in the house at any given time.
My perfume. I’m still working on the same bottle I bought two years ago. I collect perfume. I either have too much or not enough, considering bottles last two years.
An eyeglass cloth, perhaps proof that I have one. My glasses are always smudged, and it would seem I never use it.
Sewing kit. I never use it. That would be a disaster.
Chapstick. It’s never in my bag, because it’s on my desk.
My keys on my Highlander (not that one) key chain.
Extra buttons for my jacket. Unrelated to the sewing kit, because that would be too easy. And make sense.
LOVE bookmark. Found with the rubber chicken on the day I had piles. It isn’t in a book, because I read too quickly to need bookmarks.
(More) Power, juice for my once-hated iphone and ever-loved laptop, which never leaves the house.
Empty Wine Gum bag. Only sweets I’ll buy on repeat. Real wine gives me heart burn.
General layer of random receipts. Let’s just say they’re there so all the other stuff doesn’t ‘scratch my nice glass furniture.’
What does your desk look like right now?